Bathroom Renovations – Our Service Offering
As a home-owner, if you are planning renovation works over $11,000 the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) mandate that you obtain an Owner-Builder licence, or secure the services of a Builder or Restricted Builder to ensure your renovation is conducted using qualified Tradesman & is insured. As licenced Restricted Builders & Plumber and Drainers, we can assist you to comply with the QBCC legislation, provide insurance and issue Industry compliance forms of Certificate of Testing and Compliance – Electrical, Form 4 – Plumbing & Drainage, and Form 16 – Waterproofing, giving you assurance your renovation is managed and completed by trade qualified professionals.
We offer over 20 years of experience in bathroom renovations under our Restricted Builders and open Plumbing and Drainers licence. You can be assured that your project will be managed from quote to completion by the TGPS management team including Mark as Restricted Builder/Plumber-Drainer, to ensure Quality, Code & Trade Management. While Jennifer manages communication, the financial contract, scheduling, and fitting and fixture selection and timing. Our role in your bathroom renovation is to convert the inspiration you provide us for your bathroom and guide you on the practical design decisions needed to convert the concept into a beautiful, functional, and compliant bathroom.
Practically, our partnership with you includes confirming how to implement your design and fixtures and fitting ideas into the existing space, or extension of space, and planning how to achieve the layout you desire within the budget that is available to you. Working closely with our direct team of Plumbers and long term contract Builder, Electrician, Plasterer, Waterproofer, Tiler, and Glazier, we ensure the design is installed to be exactly what you planned, along with ensuring compliance.
Some of the decision we assist you with are:
- Stripping room; partial or entire strip.
- Asbestos; presence and removal assessment.
- Carpentry; door or window installation; ledge wall installation, recessed boxes or mirrored cabinets, stud work for wall-hung items, flooring reinforcement for fixtures.
- Plumbing infrastructure; considerations for moving of fixtures or addition of fixtures and associated installation works.
- Distances; for each fixture within the room being National Construction Code compliant and practical to use.
- Electrical plan; downlight, track light, mirrored light, heated towel rail, powerpoint outlets in cabinetry and on wall, heat/light/fan or exhaust fan, main switch in room position.
- Plastering; ceiling height with cornice or square set, setting room for painting or tiling over the plaster to ceiling height.
- Painting; ceiling if replaced, plaster walls if not tiled to ceiling height and architrave if doorway or window installed.
- Tiling; layout of flat lay or pattern lay, feature details, colour of grout, colour of trim, tiling to ceiling height or varying height, floor bedded or direct stick with shower bedded or shower tray.
- Glazing; framed, frameless or panel, easy clean coating applied or plain glass, sliding or swing door.
- What type of fixtures and fittings will be installed and associated works;
- Tapware type; colour, wall mounted or bench mounted vanity taps, floor mounted or wall mounted bath taps, over-head or wall mounted shower head, mixer or taps, progressive mixer or standard mixer, rail shower or wall mount/hose to handle.
- Tile type; rectified or cushioned, porcelain or ceramic, type of feature, and quantity.
- Vanity type; wall hung or floor mounted.
- Mirror type; flat mirror, mirror with lighting, recessed or face-mounted mirrored cabinet.
- Toilet type; link suite, back to wall, closed couple, wall-mounted, in-wall cistern, S trap or P trap, bottom inlet or top inlet water connection.
- Accessory installation; wall space, height, location for towel rails, toilet roll holders, robe hooks, shelves and soap dishes.
We will help guide you through these initial decision as by considering the options and making choices upfront, it ensures your project will run smoothly. Call us for a free project consultation and quote on 1300 422 566 or email using our Contact Form.