Water Efficiency Certificate

Do you have a rental property?  We can provide a water efficiency test and issue a Master Plumbers Water Efficiency Certificate to provide to your tenants and real estate agents for use in the entry condition report.

Why conduct a water efficiency test?  In the case of rentals you are able to charge for excess water usage where all fixtures in the dwelling have been tested for compliance against the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Regulation 2009.  

The RTA provides a water charging fact sheet, which sets out that premises must be individually metered, toilets must have a maximum of 3.5lt for half flush and 6.5lt for full flush, showerheads, internal cold water taps and single mixer taps installed over a hand basin, kitchen sink and laundry flow at 9lt/minute.  Where your tapware or fixture does not comply, we can install flow rate restrictors or replace the fixture with a WELS (water efficiency labeling scheme) rated item.

A Water Efficiency Test needs to be conducted each time you change tenants as the certificate forms part of their entry condition report and rental agreement.

Call us today to book in your water efficiency test and receive your water efficiency plumbing report.